CAPERNWRAY HARBOUR BIBLE CENTRE
PLEASE FILL OUT EACH FIELD ON THIS FORM.
TYPE 'N/A' IF THE FIELD DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
1. BIBLE SCHOOL YEAR
|What year are you applying for?||(The Bible School year runs from September through May.)|
I am enrolling for:
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Last Name|| |
|Middle Name|| |
|Salutation (e.g. Josh for Joshua, etc.)|
|Gender|| Male Female|
|Date of Birth||
3. CONTACT / ADDRESS INFORMATION
|Province / State|
|Region (for International Students)|
|Phone (Include Area Code)|| |
|Cell (Include Area Code)|| |
|Profession, Training, or Last Grade/Degree Completed|| |
|Have you applied to another Bible School or College for this period of study? If so, please specify.|| |
|How did you become aware of Capernwray Harbour?|| |
|Have you had a close relative attend a Torchbearer Bible School? If so, please specify name & Bible School attended.|| |
4. EMERGENCY CONTACTFor notification in the event of an emergency
|Contact Phone Number|| |
|Which of the following applies to you?|| Single|
|If engaged, do you have a date set for your wedding? If yes, when?|| |
|If married, give name of spouse|| |
|Do you have a friend or relative applying as well? If yes, please give their name(s) and relationship|| |
5. HEALTH & MEDICAL INFORMATION
If you answer 'Yes' to any of the following ten questions, please provide details in the box immediately following this section. *You may be required to provide a medical doctor's report.
- Do you suffer from any disability, which would limit you participating in practical duties?
- Have you had surgery within the past six months, or extended medical care?
- Do you have diabetes, epilepsy, blackouts or other diagnosed medical problems?
- Do you require any regularly prescribed medication?
- Do you have any allergies?
- Do you require a special diet for medical reasons?
$250 surcharge for gluten and dairy free diets
- Do you have a learning disability?
- Have you had a nervous or mental illness at any time (eg. depression, anxiety, panic attacks)?
- Have you suffered from or had treatment for anorexia nervosa or bulimia?
- Have you struggled with self harm (cutting etc)?
- Have you used tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs at any time in the last year? Yes No
- Have you ever had treatment for alcoholism or for drug addiction? Yes No
- Do you have a current (past 12 months) struggle with pornography/sexual addictions? Yes No
- Have you received counselling for pornography/sexual addictions? Yes No
|Please use this area to provide details if you have answered YES to any of the questions in the above section.|| |
|Name of current medical plan|| |
|Medical Plan Number (Canadians: Please enter your Provincial Health Care number)|| |
|* All students are expected to provide their own medical coverage. An economical plan with adequate coverage is available through Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre for students who do not have any medical coverage. You may apply for this coverage on the day of your arrival at Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre.|
6. TALENTS, HOBBIES & WORK EXPERIENCE
|Do you have any specific abilities or experience that could be useful for the practical running of the Bible School? Eg. carpentry, plumbing, lifeguard etc.|| |
|What are your hobbies?|| |
|Do you play a musical instrument? If so, which one(s).|| |
|Have you any previous experience in outreach ministries involving singing, music or drama? If so, please detail.|| |
|In what Christian service have you been engaged?|| |
|Give the name, address & pastor's name of the church you are currently attending:|| |
7. CHRISTIAN EXPERIENCEGive a brief account of your conversion and experience of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How has the Lord been working in your life recently and how would you describe your
relationship with Him today?
What are your reasons for applying to attend Bible School?
Have you been convicted of a crime requiring a jail term?
8. REFERENCEPlease provide the names and addresses of two people who will be sending a reference form for you. Fill out both of the two areas below. These individuals will be contacted by email with reference forms from Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre.
Pastor or Church Official Reference
Friend or Associate Reference
9. FINANCIAL PAYMENT OPTIONSTOTAL TUITION FEES for 2017/2018 ONE YEAR PROGRAMME: $12,500 CAD
FINANCIAL PAYMENT OPTIONS:
(charitable for income tax purposes)
- DEPOSIT July 1, 2017: $800 CAD
- REGISTRATION September 15, 2017: $11,700 CAD
- DEPOSIT July 1, 2017: $800 CAD
- REGISTRATION September 15, 2017: $6,900 CAD
- DECEMBER 1, 2017: $4,800 CAD (post-dated cheque, preauthorized debit or credit card payment)
- DEPOSIT July 1, 2016: $800 CAD
- REGISTRATION September 15, 2017: $6,900 CAD
- OCTOBER 1, 2017 to MAY 1, 2018: $600 CAD per month (post-dated cheques, preauthorized debit or credit card payments)
|Finance option to pay my Bible School Fees:|
I agree that the $800 CAD payment due upon acceptance guarantees my place in the Bible School and therefore is nonrefundable.I Agree
|How do you expect to meet your expenses at Capernwray Harbour?|
|BUDGETING FOR BIBLE SCHOOL|
For many students each year we recognize that finances can be a struggle. The thought of paying for a year of tuition can often be overwhelming! But the Lord remains faithful and loves to draw us to Himself as we learn to rely on Him, especially in this area. While trusting the Lord for His leading and provision, the items below are a few practical things we'd like to highlight or suggest in order to help you plan your finances for Bible School:
1. The full Tuition Fees are considered a charitable donation for income tax purposes in Canada. For most, this amounts to a substantial tax refund in the Spring. This would also be something to tell your church/friends/family who may like to make tuition payments on your behalf.
2. Consider whether your church family may like the opportunity to support you in this way. Many churches are happy to make tuition payments on behalf of a student who wishes to attend Bible School.
3. If you are working currently or plan to work before starting Bible School, consider disciplining yourself to set aside a portion of what you earn each month in order to save. Christmas Break and Spring Break will also provide possible opportunities to work in order to raise finances to put towards tuition fees.APPLICANTS, PLEASE NOTE:
- Students are responsible for supplying their own financial support. Scholarships
are not available from Capernwray Harbour.
- All fees MUST be paid in Canadian dollars. Fees are considered a charitable
donation for Income Tax purposes in Canada.
- VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, and Amex are accepted.
- Canada Immigration Officers will require proof of financial support at the Port of
Entry into Canada and/or when issuing a student visa for non-Canadians.
- Capernwray Harbour is not eligible for student loans.
10. CONDITIONS OF ENROLLMENTTIMETABLE
- All students are expected to devote themselves unreservedly to their studies in lectures and study periods, which are compulsory and to conform willingly and promptly to the programme throughout the day. Punctuality & cooperation are expected.
- All students attend local churches Sunday mornings and join together on Sunday evenings for worship.
- All students help in daily domestic duties of the Bible School.
- All students are involved in regular outreach commitments.
- Students are expected to complete the Bible School year applied for, arriving on the first day of school and remaining through to the closing date.
- Permission must be obtained from the Bible School Principal for students to be absent from lectures or for any overnight stays off campus apart from set break dates.
STUDENT CONDUCT, LIFESTYLE & ADDICTIONS
- Clothing: Clean, neat and modest dress as worthy of a Christian who desires to glorify the Lord Jesus will be expected. Please show moderation and modesty at all times, regardless of prevailing fashions in a permissive society.
- Ladies: Female students will be expected to wear 'casual clean' clothes (no hoody-type outwear, no blue jeans or sport shoes) on Sundays to local church meetings, and dresses/skirts to Sunday supper & Sunday evening worship meetings.
- Men: Male students will be expected to wear 'casual clean' clothes (no hoody-type outwear, no blue jeans or sport shoes) on Sundays to local church meetings, and to wear dress or semi-dress pants and an appropriate jacket or sweater, shirt & tie on Sunday supper & Sunday evening worship meetings.
- Ministry Teams: Same requirements as above.
- Piercings: No facial or body piercing. No earrings on male students.
- Hair: Hair is expected to be clean, tidy & well groomed. No extreme styles or colours.
- Students will give full cooperation to the staff & administration of Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre.
- Students are not allowed in or around the student accommodations of the other sex as these are considered bedroom areas.
- Curfew for students to be in their assigned accommodation will be 10:30 pm Saturday to Thursday with lights out at 11:00 pm. Curfew on Friday nights will be at 11:00 pm with lights out at 11:30 pm.
- Pursuing exclusive, serious companionship with the other sex will not be promoted during the Bible School period.
- Students are to abstain from promoting and engaging in premarital or extra marital sexual involvement, pornographic involvement and homosexual behaviour.
- The use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are strictly forbidden for legal, moral and spiritual reasons. It is expected that students who indulge in these will quit prior to Bible School registration and abstain throughout the Bible School year. Pubs & bars are considered inappropriate for Christian fellowship and are considered off limits for students.
- All students are expected to provide their own medical coverage during the Bible School period.
Capernwray Harbour has a Refund Policy and each refund will be considered on an individual basis for a student who has withdrawn or been expelled (for whatever reason). Requests to view the Refund Policy can be submitted to our Office.
Refunds are calculated from the date a student's written notice of withdrawal is received by our office.
11. ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT
|Name of Applicant|| |
12. Credit Card Application Fee Payment
A non-refundable Application Fee of $40 CAD to your VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, or Amex is required to complete your Application. Please call our office at 1-246-9440 (toll-free at 1-888-224-5681) to provide your credit card details.
|Optional Payment Method for Canadians only: ||Pre-authorized Debit is available for Registration Day Tuition Payments & Post Dated Tuition Payments. Please bring a void cheque to Registration. Not applicable for application fee or deposit.
13. APPLICATION INFORMATION CHECKLIST
All applicants, please CHECK the following:
I have answered all questions in this application form
I have read through the 'Conditions of Enrollment' & checked the Enrollment Agreement 'I Agree' checkbox above
I have completed the reference form above naming my minister and one naming a non-relative who knows me well to fill out & return
I will email a digital photo (single head and shoulders shot, 54mm x 45mm, colour, plain background) to the Bible School Registrar at:
I will also mail two recent passport photos of myself (alone, head and shoulders only, 54mm x 45mm, colour, plain background) to:
Bible School Registrar, Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre, Box 1-10, Thetis Island, BC, Canada V0R 2Y0
As of June 1, 2014 all Non-Canadian Students need to apply for a Study Permit to attend our One Year Bible School Programme.
Students must include Capernwray Harbour's DLI# (Designated Learning Institution) and associated DLI name, as follows:
DLI Name: Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre
For further information, please refer to the CIC (Citizenship & Immigration Canada) website (http://www.cic.gc.ca) or contact us by phone 1-888-224-5681 or email email@example.com.